Here is a list of some interesting weather facts from all around the world –
- You will probably burn if you go to Al’Aziziyah in Libya. It has the highest recorded temperature on earth at a sweltering 58°C on the 13th Sept, 1922.
- Don’t complain it is cold this winter, thank God that you are not living in Vostok Station, the coldest temperature ever recorded on Earth is −89.2 °C , recorded at Vostok Station, Antarctica on July 21, 1983.
- The place where it rains all the time is Cherrapunji. The most rainfall ever recorded in one year is 25.4 meters (1000 inches) in Cherrapunji, India.
- US forms a tornado alley geographically. It has more tornadoes than any other country in the world, averaging around 1200 a year.
- The deadliest tornado in world history was the Daultipur-Salturia Tornado in Bangladesh on April 26, 1989.
- The Great Hurricane of 1780, also known as the Hurricane San Calixto II, is the deadliest Atlantic hurricane on record. It affected Barbados the worst.
- You think you are not getting any sun, look at south pole it gets sunlight only for 182 days a year.
- You are safer in the ocean because 9 out of 10 lightning bolts strike land rather than oceans.
I am sure you guys realize now that your home is the best place to live.