You think bananas are only for monkeys? Think again?
Bananas are very healthy and good for everyone.
You will often see a sportsperson eat bananas in middle of his game. This is because bananas give immediate energy to body and makes the muscles powerful.
Just like we clean our bodies from outside by bathing, our body needs to be clean from inside as well. It gets clean when we eat food that has a lot of fibre. Banana has a lot of fibre too!!
It is also a rich source of potassium which helps keep your heart very healthy.
Facts that will make you go bananas:
- The word banana comes from an Arab word “banan” meaning finger.
- An individual banana is called a finger. A bunch of bananas is called a hand.
- If you peel a banana from the bottom up you won’t get the string things.
- Those stringy things are called phloem (pronounced FLOM)
- Contrary to popular belief, it would be almost impossible to get fat on bananas. They give you energy not fat!!