Remember we explored some unusual facts about underwater creatures some time back. And you guys loved it! So now is the time to explore the ocean a little deeper again! Here are some more unusual facts that we fished out for you 🙂
- Did you know that dolphins close only one eye when they are sleeping and only one half of their brain is active.
- You think you are not growing fast enough?? Nah! A deep-sea clam grows 8 millimetres in length in around 100 years! That’s about size of your finger nail! Talk about being a late bloomer 🙂
- The whistling of blue whale is the loudest sound made by any animal on the planet.
- Daddy catfish safeguards its eggs by holding them in its mouth until they are ready to hatch. What’s more? As long as the eggs are in its mouth, daddy is unable to eat anything. But anything for babies, that’s how parents are 🙂
- Krill are tiny sea dwellers that look like shrimp and they are found in all of world oceans. But that is not what is odd. At the time of reproduction there can be so many krills in the water that the water begins to look pink!
- Do you think forests exists only on land? Think again. There are huge underwater forests as well. However, the plants that grow underwater mostly do not have roots. They just anchor themselves at a suitable area.
- Kelp is a monstrous seaweed that can grow as high as 100 to 260 Feet! Try swimming around in the sunlit kelp. It is like gliding through a green, leafy underwater forest. So where do you find this Giant kelp? It is found in the Pacific coast of North America and South America.
Now do not get greedy 😉 If you still didn’t have enough of these facts, you will have to wait for some time before we can share with you more astonishing facts. In the mean time, why don’t you share some underwater facts with us that you know of?